Re: [LAU] Timidity on external USB

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 22:31:36 EEST

On Mon, 1 Sep 2014, Bob van der Poel wrote:

> Not sure exactly what you mean by "configure" ...
>
> But, in the pulse volume volume control app I have 2 output devices:
> "Built-in audio ..." which I have muted and "PCM2902..." which is the USB

If you are not using internal audio, it may be best to disable it in
bios... though I have heard that it is harder to get alsa to load with no
internal audio. Also, in pulse, the configure tab will let you turn a
sound card off, not just muted.

However, does timidity use pulse? Do you see it show up in the pulse
playback tab? If so then turning the default device off in pulse should
fix it.

This is just general audio, I don't know timidity at all and generally
unistall it as it gets in the way of other stuff I do. I normally use
qsynth through jack.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net