Re: [LAU] Debian DAW experiences

From: Hermann Meyer <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Mon Sep 01 2014 - 22:47:41 EEST

Apt do that, just you need to read the output before answer yes.

--
Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android Mobiltelefon mit WEB.DE Mail gesendet.
David Christensen <dpchrist@email-addr-hidden> schrieb:
On 09/01/2014 10:42 AM, hermann meyer wrote:
> If you don't need the docs, because you know what you wont do, you have
> to disable them.
> That is, the right way, not the other way round.
With respect to the "principle of least surprise" and package managers,
it is my expectation that package managers should only download what I
tell them to; nothing else. If a package has prerequisites, the package
manager should inform me and stop. Better package managers allow me to
delay and/or delegate all or part of the decision making.
Other people agree that small is better:
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein
-> Misattributed
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/E._F._Schumacher
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius—and a lot of courage to move in
the opposite direction.
Large is wasteful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins
Gluttony