Re: [LAU] Debian DAW experiences

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2014 - 01:32:07 EEST

On 09/01/2014 10:12 AM, David Christensen wrote:
> linux-audio-user:
>

> Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. :-)
>

> Here's the updated wish-list for a DAW Linux distribution:
>
> 1. Works correctly.
>
> 2. Is efficient in both space and time.
>
> 3. Offers a kernel suitable for DAW use at install time.
>
> 4. Offers current DAW software binary packages.
>
> 5. Provides simple OOTB *user* and *administrator* experiences -- e.g.
> minimal technical wrenching around under the hood.
>
> 6. Provides small (<32 MB) bootable USB and/or CD installer images.

Hmm, I once saw an bootable USB/CD installer image that size. It was for
OpenDOS, though, not Linux.

IIRC, the typical bootable kernel image is larger than 32MB?

Sounds to me like you want the luxury and power of a limousine packed
into the space of a SmartCar. Good luck with that.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden