Re: [LAU] Debian DAW experiences

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 02 2014 - 02:25:38 EEST

On 09/01/2014 06:36 AM, Russell Hanaghan wrote:

> P.S. I think I have some pictures tht are 288mb! :) while Internet access has not kept pace with the modern advance of tech, generally speaking, that is indeed small compared to most images?

And I have a panorama image that's 768MB as a compressed TIFF.

Also, last time I looked at cheap USB flash drives, the smallest was 1GB.

Finally, what bandwidth saved by using a small install image is made up
by the downloads needed to add apps to the installation, so it seems to
me to just about be a wash either way.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden