Re: [LAU] Debian DAW experiences

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan.osaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 00:14:20 EEST

~ Russell

> On Sep 2, 2014, at 1:25 PM, david <gnome@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>>> I shouldn't have to do that -- the people who package and contribute to
>>> Debian need to pay more attention to space efficiency.
>
> Maybe bandwidth efficiency. But in this day when pretty much the smallest hard drives available are 500GB (even for cheap laptops) and most commonly 1TB, disk space doesn't seem like much of a worry.

Just curious? Does this center more on crappy internet access/cost? There are some miserable ISP options available in an amazingly large footprint given the day and age. WiMAX has helped in US but not much. I have always chosen to live in the boonies when possible and have utilized all of them at some point. When I'm in town on a nice CATV net connection that drops a 2.5g ISO on my drive in minutes, I don't care what's in the package so long as relevant to the system.