Re: [LAU] Debian DAW experiences

From: Al Thompson <althompson58@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 01:20:31 EEST

On 09/01/2014 01:18 PM, David Christensen wrote:
> On 09/01/2014 02:09 AM, Alexandre DENIS wrote:
>> Documentation is not *required*, it is suggested or recommended. Put
>> the following two lines in your /etc/apt/apt.conf
>> APT::Install-Suggests "0";
>> APT::Install-Recommends "0";
>
> I shouldn't have to do that -- the people who package and contribute
> to Debian need to pay more attention to space efficiency.

I actually think you have it backwards. In the days of broadband, I
would think that the packagers should be more concerned with
completeness. A new user, or Linux n00b is going to appreciate having a
complete install, since they won't have the knowledge or inclination to
install the "rest of the distro" that they will need to configure and
use the system.