Re: [LAU] Open Source Audio Interface (was Successor/replacement for RME HDSP+Multiface?)

From: raf <rmouneyres@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 03 2014 - 01:29:58 EEST

> I assume people have heard and read up on AES67? I admit I haven't beyond skimming it and can't say I'm sure whether it's its own specification or more about getting the various existing solutions to communicate together. Probably worth reading though...

Hello,

i found this discussion very interesting, I have thoughts for a similar system.
Len, I particularly enjoy reading your thoughts, they find a echo in my brain.

While looking for info, in the AES67 path there is the archwave system which has recently integrated copperlan control in his chip.
http://archwave.net/
While this is proprietary solution, the chip (without knowing about hardware and licence costs if any) could be used to design a AI with embedded ethernet, multi-channel audio, usb recording...etc.
Then controlling the board via copperlan is available to majors OSes, linux not beaing fully ready yet, but the SDK allows to create a jack client.

this may not be the path you want to follow.
Raphaël