Re: [LAU] Session management with NSM

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 04 2014 - 17:34:57 EEST

On 2014-09-04 08:38, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Rui:
>> this fact alone might add to its "strangeness" i guess
>
> Yes, that is strange, I don't care about NSM, but I care about the
> vague
> sync I get even if I stay with a jackd latency setting. Rounding is not
> ok and btw. I want to be able to change the jackd latency without
> moving
> clips. That the position of audio tracks is rounded to the MIDI
> resolution, even if I move them manually is another issue.

as said, automatic latency compensation in qtractors audio recording is
a one-time settlement--it gets settled at the time you take the
recording. nevermore it gets auto-adjusted later on, ie. the take offset
value, as read from jack_port_get_latency*(), won't ever change
thereafter. that means you're in charge to tweak it later if you please,
by summoning the clip properties dialog and changing the offset value as
you wish.

rest assured that, in qtractor sequencer model, ever since its
inception, all time locations do honor the midi/music metric scale
resolution. that has been kind of an argument why i always posed
qtractor as *not a DAW* but rather a *sequencer with (some) DAW
features* ;)

cheers

--
rncbc aka. Rui Nuno Capela