Re: [LAU] Session management with NSM

From: Filipe Coelho <falktx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2014 - 00:06:29 EEST

On 9/4/2014 3:46 PM, J. Liles wrote:

> Well, now we're getting back into all the reasons why JACK settings
> should not be part of a session in the first place. For example,
> suppose that you could change the device at runtime...

I think this might be not understood yet, but JACK 2 *does* allows this.

You can switch devices (or any jack settings) during runtime, without
having to stop JACK.
This is called "switch master".

Because of this the buffer-size *and sample-rate* can change while JACK2
is running.
In which case the respective callbacks are called.

See
https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/blob/master/common/JackServer.cpp#L371