Re: [LAU] OT: email clients

From: Kazakore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2014 - 18:49:53 EEST

On 05/09/14 11:57, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-09-05 at 00:20 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> kmail
> When using POP accounts Kmail tends to store duplicated messages.

When I tried to configure with POP3 with Thunderbird to my Hotmail
account (I know!) it repeatedly told me my password was incorrect,
whereas it instantly configured correctly with IMAP. Therefore all my
comparisons so far have been with IMAP, although extra strain on the
internet connection (seems caching works reasonably with Thunderbird
thougg, I just have niggles with interface things.) Also read Alpine and
others actually work far better with IMAP than with POP...

Also don't know if that was an Hotmail/Outlook server issue or
Thunderbird not liking POP3 but as long as it can cache within a session
I can live with it not always keeping an offline version (although in
some ways I would prefer it did.)

Dale.