Re: [LAU] OT: email clients

From: Blaise Alleyne <email+music@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 05 2014 - 19:09:26 EEST

On 14-09-05 05:28 AM, Max wrote:
> What I tried too, is Geary Mail. It hasn't been mentioned here. I
> found that is is really nice but not quite mature. It seems to have
> more momentum then Thunderbird though, and may become an alternative
> for those who don't want to go mutt.
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary

+1 to at least giving Geary a try.

I've only taken it for a test run, but it seems to be headed in an interesting direction if you'd
like a more Gmail-oriented conversations approach, but in a desktop IMAP client. (Personally, I'm
still a fan of IceDove/Thunderbird).

Geary isn't mature yet, but it's a project of the Yorba Foundation (i.e. known for Shotwell), so it
seems like there's some momentum, unlike Thunderbird/IceDove which is basically in indefinite LTS
mode from Mozilla.

http://yorba.org/