Re: [LAU] OT: email clients

From: kazakore <dj_kaza@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 06 2014 - 05:07:19 EEST

> On 05/09/14 19:08, James Harkins wrote:
> > Kazakore <dj_kaza@...> writes:

> (couldn't find Claws, actually just seen it in Suggested as
> claws-mail...)

Well slow and buggy Claws just managed to delete my entire Inbox
folder! Including emails going back quite a lot of years! (Which I
admit I should have moved a lot of to different folders, most of which
are set-up but I'm often lazy.) Didn't even put them in the Deleted
folder for recovery!!

Luckily Hotmail has a Restore Deleted function if you go via webmail
and I have managed to get a fair number of the important, recent ones
back but definitely still missing a fair few!

So far it actually appears to be slower in letting you browse while
internet than I had before. Not yet managed to find a way to show my
own replies inline with the threaded view, although it gives you a
clickable symbol to let you know you have a reply (why not just show it
inline?) There are a fair number of Plugins installable via Apt but no
idea if any would add this functionality?? Yet to work out if the
keyboard shortcuts suit my methods...

Not tried the other suggestions yet.

And although I say buggy that might be an exagaration. Partially my
fault for trying to do things to some folders while it's still trying
to load other folder's contents I think. Once set up as I like and with
a bit of patience my end I don't think anything drastic like that would
happen again! ;)