[LAU] Hydrogen - multi banks per instrument

From: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 07 2014 - 18:22:07 EEST

Hello,

I'm currently working on a feature for Hydrogen to have multi banks
per instrument.
In a nutshell, if you have drum samples with direct and overhead
recordings, you can put those together under the instruments - one
instrument Snare for example with the band direct and the bank
overhead).

In the Hydrogen mixer, you can chose how much direct or overhead is
needed, changing completely the tone of the drums.

You can chose how many banks you have per instrument, and the gain of
each bank in a given instrument.

A very (very very.......veryveryvery) early version is available here:
https://github.com/blablack/hydrogen
Very early version as the main feature works, but for example I highly
doubt saving/loading songs would work just yet and the mixer GUI goes
a bit crazy when banks are added/removed, I'm in the process of a
massive testing/bug hunt...

I would be very interested to get some early feedback, both on the
feature and (for the most courageous) on the code itself.

Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen!

Aurélien