Re: [LAU] control surfaces

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2014 - 03:15:24 EEST

On Wed, 2014-09-10 at 23:36 +0200, Nacho - wrote:
> The truth is I've never tried to clean the encoders. I will do that.
> Thanks for the advice.
> I don't know why (maybe the same problem with dust on the encoders?)
> but sometimes, also the display numbers change without touching
> anything. The Phantom of the bcr...

I don't have (much) experiences with rotary encoders, but I guess
optical encoders that aren't well sealed sometimes might need a cleaning
too, but not the same kind of cleaning that potentiometers need. An
optical mouse react to vibrations, perhaps cheap optical rotary encoder
could do the same. You perhaps should find out what kind of encoders are
used and then search the web what kind of failure is known for that kind
of rotary encoder and as the case may be, how to clean them.