Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: control surfaces

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2014 - 22:02:56 EEST

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 19:41:39 +0200
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> IMO regarding to the sound quality my ADA8000 (at lest for some tasks)
> and MODULIZER PRO could be used by professional studios and my EURORACK
> UB2442FX-PRO could be used by regional radio and for decent home
> recording. Usability and/or reliability IMO allow home recording only.

I have a rather old Eurorack mixer (I forget the model, 16 inputs, no DSP)
that sounded OK but a number of the switches are flaky and channel 1 has a
fair amount of noise. It's just OK and now sits as a backup. I know the
ADA line sounds better.

I also have a T1953 2 channel tube preamp. This box looks great but
has a harsh sound to it that only gets more pronounced as you turn up the
"warmth" knobs. It's unusable for vocals but does OK on drum overhead mics.

A local club just got a BIG Behringer board that sounds great and impressed
me greatly with its controls and sound. I was amazed that it was a
Behringer, but I hadn't realized that they'd bought Midas and that it
came out of that.