Re: [LAU] [Bulk] Re: control surfaces

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 11 2014 - 20:41:39 EEST

On Thu, 2014-09-11 at 11:56 -0400, Joe Hartley wrote:
> I've had enough Behringer gear, incuding mixers and tube preamps, over
> the years and I've always ended up a bit disappointed in the tone and
> the build.

Regarding to the tone my Behringer gear does sound very good. Friends
owned Behringer gear that sounded very bad. The sound quality to price
ratio sometimes is very good and sometimes isn't ok. I've seen some very
cheap mixers of good build quality, but the sound quality was unusable.
Regarding to the build quality my Behringer gear is bottom quality as
most Behringer gear I know is too.

IMO regarding to the sound quality my ADA8000 (at lest for some tasks)
and MODULIZER PRO could be used by professional studios and my EURORACK
UB2442FX-PRO could be used by regional radio and for decent home
recording. Usability and/or reliability IMO allow home recording only.

> I think a lot of that comes from the fact that they are almost always
> ripping off someone else's design and building it on the cheap.

The Mackie mixer of a friend does look similar to my Behringer mixer.

> The BCF2000 is in sharp contrast to that - I love this thing!

Ok :).

Regards,
Ralf