Re: [LAU] Common DAW session save / import

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 12 2014 - 22:53:18 EEST

On Fri, 12 Sep 2014 15:26:45 -0400
Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I use AATranslater to move sessions between different DAWs, but it only
> support Ardour2/Mixbus for import/export and Ardour3 for import only, as
> far as open source session formats go. Easiest thing to do is to export all
> stems (Ardour3 does this quite easily) and then just import those back into
> another DAW as a group. Most will automatically align the tracks to session
> start or to playhead/edit point.

Came here to say exactly this. Trying to get stems from some people has
been like pulling teeth for me; others bring sessions to me with no access
to the original DAW, usually naively assuming that I have every DAW ever made
available to me. AATrasnslator's been a big win for these cases.

When I'm done with a session, the client gets both effected and uneffected
stems along with the final mixes. Everybody's always been happy with that.