Re: [LAU] Update: Lightweight WM that can be used without any issue with audio applications

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2014 - 18:00:45 EEST

On Sun, 14 Sep 2014, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 00:07 +1000, Simon Wise wrote:
>> There will be others which ask for awkward positions in a way that
>> Openbox does not fix up.
>
> I guess this is the culprit I experience with JWM and openbox. Some apps
> always open properly, just a few apps, for audio at least Rakarrak and
> "child" windows of QjackCtl" sometimes (not always) open in a bad way.

Qjackctl saves it's window positions when it exits. It then trys to open
them in the same position the next time it is opened. If you always use
the same WM, DE, and application positions it works well. If you switch
WMs maybe not so well. If you are trying different WMs, what makes sense
in one may not make sense in another. This is not the WM fault or setting.
It is not application's fault, though it may be the applications settings.
It is just the way of things using more than one WM. Right now I am using
a very small screen and the best window position changes depending on what
I am doing... so I am noticing this as well. The window does not go in
open area, but where it was last time.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net