Re: [LAU] Common DAW session save / import

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 14 2014 - 21:56:07 EEST

On Sun, 2014-09-14 at 11:39 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> There only is one thing we can share all over the world,
> recorded in
> different decades: analog tapes
>

> ​Well, not quite. Sheet music is quite playable after many centuries.
> And no special machines are needed :)​

Ok, you're right. OTOH sheet music has two disadvantages:

1. It's not perfect, the notation is unable to archive the ms I used to
push my guitar's whammy bar and the notation doesn't archive the
detuning after doing this with my pre-Floyd-Rose-and-co-whammy-bar.

2. It does neither take care about sensitive phrasing, nor about the
sound of the used instruments.

Sheet music isn't a recording! You need musicians, you can't share just
a magnetic tape or some computer files.