[LAU] ALSA resampling

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2014 - 04:52:24 EEST

Being lazy here, so quick question:

I'm looking for a simple way to resample in ALSA from a capture/play interface that supports only 48kHz, to 44.1kHz which is desired.

Both playback and capture resampling is needed, and it seems I neeed dsnoop and dmix.

However, I am bewildered by the somewhat byzantine configuration of .asoundrc.

There's one card on this machine, a "SB LIVE!" (which means "48kHz only!"), running the emu10k driver.

There's no JACK up in this at all, it's just an old streaming PC running BUTT. There is also no PulseAudio because I avoid PulseAudio.

If I were using ices2 I suppose I could use its built-in resampling, but that's not an option in this case.

-ken