Re: [LAU] another cpu question

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 15 2014 - 05:49:09 EEST

On 09/14/2014 11:55 AM, Len Ovens wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Sep 2014, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
>> On Sunday 14 September 2014 11:53:06 Len Ovens did opine
>>> I agree that would make a lot of sense. I think there are some other
>>> tools that could do some of these things too. However, many people
>>> even in linux audio rely on OOTB setups. It is hard for a distro to
>>
>> Folks who aren't willing to ask questions and do what they are told,
>> should probably stick with one size fits all poorly windows. The
>> addition
>
> Everyone has to start somewhere. I think it is possible to have a better
> OOTB linux machine than windows. If the person interested in trying
> linux can't do better with "out of the box", they may just give up. If
> they already have something better, goinng farther makes sense.

After watching a musically-capable but non-technical friend of ours
struggle through three different Windows systems (built, configured and
supplied by one of the companies that sells pro music stuff, I forget
exactly which ones he's gone through, with their extensive technical
support help) in his effort to make music using computers ... Windows
can't provide an OOTB pro audio experience, either.

Hate to say this, but Macintosh might be the better choice for OOTB pro
audio if someone's not interested in learning enough to do it through Linux.

--
David W. Jones
gnome@email-addr-hidden