Re: [LAU] mplayer no go with snd-hdsp

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 18 2014 - 04:40:35 EEST

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, F. Silvain wrote:
>
> I suggest the same as Giso. If you are learning music, you might want to
>> use other audio apps at the same time anyway. So go for the JACK Audio
>> Connection Kit. I've used it ever since I started with Linux. I don't have
>> an RME, but I have a multichannel audio interface.
>>

> I have the Multiface II, and it's nearly impossible to address through raw
> Alsa without some deep kung-fu. Though Jack you should be able to see all
> of its i/o's and use it with MPlayer or whatever you want.

I use a Multiface, too, and keep Jack going 100% of the time for the
machine it is on (I route audio from other sources into it also, including
another computer). Multiface isn't really intended for end-user consumer-y
casual use, but is intended for multitrack studio & Multi I/O kinds of
things.

--
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com