Re: [LAU] Debian DAW experiences

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 18 2014 - 09:47:00 EEST

On 09/01/2014 07:42 AM, David Christensen wrote:
> linux-audio-user:
>
> I've been running a Debian Wheezy DAW (i386, Xfce, realtime kernel,
> Audacity, Rosegarden, various synthesizers, etc.) for the past week or
> two. It sort of worked. But, it's clearly not ready for taking on
> stage for a performance.

Say what?

I've been running debian stable for ages (brief detours to arch and
ubuntu), and I just love it for the stability. What I *don't* want is an
update to break the system a day (or even weeks) before a gig. Yes, you
might have to compile some stuff yourself, to get bleed on some
software, but in my experience that boils down to about a handful of
packages.

YMMV

--
Atte