Re: [LAU] Current way to get ZASF as a plugin?

From: Filipe Coelho <falktx@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 24 2014 - 23:25:22 EEST

On 09/24/2014 08:22 PM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> On 09/24/2014 08:34 PM, Phil CM wrote:
>>> Pardon ;).
>>>
>>> Consider to join
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>>> and
>>> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/qtractor-devel
>>> (also for users)
>>>
>>> To file the bug against the Qtractor project tracker might be an
>>> alternative.
>> Hey, I tried again (using this procedure)
>> |
>> ⚡ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kxstudio-debian/kxstudio
>> ⚡ sudo apt-get update
>> ⚡ sudo apt-get install kxstudio-repos
>> ⚡ sudo apt-get update
>> ⚡ sudo apt install carla-plugins-lv2
>> |

>> And YAY I got it!! THANKS TO EVERYONE!!
>>
>> Phil
> Great! That was exactly what I wanted to propose. The carla-plugins-lv2
> package contains a LV2 version of ZynAddSubFX.

Just a heads up, soon the package will be renamed carla-lv2 and
carla-plugins-lv2 will be a dummy one without content.
This is because the packages are currently duplicating a lot of files
and using a lot of useless space.
(the discovery + linux32/64 and win32/64 bridges can take ~100Mb)
I want to have carla-lv2 and carla-vst depend on carla-git to remove the
need of duplicated files.
But with this it will no longer being possible to use carla-plugins-lv2
without depending on carla/carla-git.

I also started a separate github repo for zyn-lv2/vst plugin without
needing carla, but there are currently drawing issues when used in ardour3.
FLTK/NTK also has issues with top-level menus, so zyn UI will have to be
external.
When this work is ready I'll make an announcement.