Re: [LAU] tagging sample libraries: tmsu

From: Carlos sanchiavedraz <csanchezgs@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 26 2014 - 20:57:54 EEST

> Hi, since I've seen this problem mentioned here before, I just wanted to
> give a heads up regarding this program I've recently discovered, tmsu.
> It lets you tag files, and you can later use these tags in any program,
> since it will create a virtual filesystem (using fuse), with directories
> for tags and queries (like "show me all field recordings of stormy
> weather done in 2013", provided of course you tagged the files with the
> relevant information), all on the fly (to create a query you just
> create a directory). It seems very nice for the task, very KISS, though
> I have just played shortly with it
>
> http://tmsu.org/
>
> have fun,
> renato

Really interesting.
I've always had an idea about implementing some semi-universal way of
tagging things, mainly audio stuff, samples, and projects. But platforms
for this are heavy on resources and databases for queries and indexes, and
usually are specific for a Desktop Environment (i.e. Beagle,
Nepomuk/Strigi).

Bookmarked, thanks.

--
C. sanchiavedraZ: