Re: [LAU] Jack from CLI [Was: mplayer no go with snd-hdsp]

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2014 - 14:27:40 EEST

On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 02:31:06PM -0400, Janina Sajka wrote:

> > After having started Jack, in another terminal, run
> >
> > jack_lsp
> >
> > which should produce a list of Jack ports for your Multiface.
>

> Unfortunately it doesn't. It produces no output, and doesn't return. I have to
> Ctrl-C to get the prompt back.

That's not normal. If Jack isn't running it should detect
that and just terminate with an error.

This may have to do with the 'port names patch' which seems
to be applied to your version of Jack. AFAIK it allows you
to change the names of the soundcard ports by creating a
file in ~/.config/jack. Maybe the file *must* be there, I
don't know, this is the first time I hear of this patch.

Could you try to get an unmodified version of Jack, if at
all possible jack1 (because I know that one better). You
currently have jack2.

Note: before installing any new version of Jack ensure that
any others are completely removed. Having more than one
version installed or even parts of another version always
creates strange problems.

Ciao,

--
FA