Re: [LAU] Bridging alsa and jack midi

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 28 2014 - 19:09:02 EEST

On 09/27/2014 09:59 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden
> <mailto:rncbc@email-addr-hidden>> wrote:
>
> On 09/27/2014 09:16 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>

> On Sat, Sep 27, 2014 at 1:25 PM, Rui Nuno Capela
> <rncbc@email-addr-hidden <mailto:rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
> <mailto:rncbc@email-addr-hidden <mailto:rncbc@email-addr-hidden>>> wrote:
>

> that said, it would be awesome to merge your hack Paul.
>
> i can vaguely remember something about that from you a year
> ago or
> so, but i also remember you also recalled and scrapped it
> the next
> day, so nothing was patched yet :(
>

> i didn't pass it on because i started to get some crashes with
> qjc that
> i hadn' t had before.
>
> is there any plans for (re)posting the "qjackctl pretty-name
> metadata patch" or whatever it's called?
>

> it is a pretty deep change (i threw out all support for JACK port
> aliases). but i will post it at some point because i don't have
> time to figure out the nature of the (very occasional) crash (yet)
>
> jack port aliases *should* be deprecated. it is a mechanism that
> should never have seen the light of day.
>

> there's the "jack port aliases" and there's the "qjackctl
> client/port aliases". they are two different things and orthogonal.
> the later is what i believe may be integrated with the "jack
> pretty-name metatada" interface.
>

> http://community.ardour.org/files/qjc-pp.png

ok. so i guess that means we are in tune :)-- drop the old deprecated
"jack port aliases" and adopt and/or adapt the even older "qjackctl
client/port aliases" as to latest "jack pretty-name metadata" interface.

may i/we look at some source code or patch anytime soon ? ;)

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden