Re: [LAU] Jack from CLI [Was: mplayer no go with snd-hdsp]

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 29 2014 - 23:42:41 EEST

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 08:35:10AM +0200, Giso Grimm wrote:

> May this be related with dbus support of jack2? If yes, then using jack1
> or recompiling jack without dbus support might help. If dbus support is
> needed without having X11 then there was a post on the topic by Len
> Ovens ('Headless jackdbus (no X11)' on July 22nd 2013).

Dbus and X11 should not be related. Except that both the 'session'
dbus and X11 are probably launched by the same entity: the *DM
login manager. And I assume that Jack2 Dbus means 'session' bus,
and not the 'system' one. On a system without a graphical login
(as the OP is probably using) there may not be a 'session' dbus
at all.

I'll be optimistic and assume that jack2 really doesn't *need*
dbus even if it's capable of using it. Maybe I'm too optimistic.
Even if I've seen too much 'desktop', 'session', 'seat' and
whatever other nonsense creeping into a what should be a basic
system.

Ciao,

--
FA