Re: [LAU] hdsp firmware load problem

From: Iain Mott <mott@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 16 2014 - 12:28:14 EEST

Thanks. This might well be my case. I've had this card for many years
(from 2000 or earlier?!), haven't checked the revision number yet.
Perhaps I'll try a new power supply on the computer before a card mod.
This card had been working on this machine perfectly for a couple of
years too - perhaps the power supply is at fault - or perhaps my
220-110V power transformer? - will try using another
transformer/stabiliser - could be a cheaper way out.

I have an old hdsp cardbus interface lying around not being used. Does
anyone know if these can be used successfully with an adapter on a
desktop? I asked RME this once, the question was forwarded to my local
distributor who never replied.

And thanks Chris for the lspci suggestion. After an unsuccessful boot
the card doesn't show up in the lspci listing.

Cheers,

Iain