Re: [LAU] ALSA and RME Raydat troubleshooting

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 22 2014 - 19:23:19 EEST

On Wed, 2014-10-22 at 08:17 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> JACK is perfectly capable of using any number of audio interfaces
> whether they are clock synced or not. It just isn't a good idea and
> isn't how a professional system would be built. It also isn't done by
> using the -P and -C arguments to the backend, because this doesn't do
> any resampling to keep the streams synchronized, but by using bridge
> clients like zita_a2j.

http://kokkinizita.linuxaudio.org/linuxaudio/zita-ajbridge-doc/quickguide.html which needs zita-resampler.

Indeed, it sounds confusing to read that somebody wants to use RME audio
gear and internal HDA / sound blaster sound cards at the same time. For
language laboratory usage there might be the need to have as much IOs as
possible, without taking care about the quality, but for common audio
production we likely would use the RME gear and disable on-board audio
and similar crappy devices.