[LAU] Generating click tracks

From: Grekim Jennings <grekimj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2014 - 14:44:37 EET

Am 18.11.2014 um 22:55 schrieb Brett McCoy:
/>/
/>/ Thanks for all replies, I did not know about klick, I'll try to get
/>/ that running, sounds promising. And maybe investigate into clicktrack.
/>/
/>/ Hydrogen is, I would guess, liable to the instability of the
/>/ internal clock, and more a realtime recording than a (fast)
/>/ creation, but latter would not be a real hinderance.
/>/
/>/ SuperCollider seems a bit to advanced in usage for me, but I now
/>/ have something to start with
/>/
/>/
/>/ I think any solution you come up with is going to be dependent on some
/>/ kind of clock to generate the correct tempo and meter.
/>/
/>/ --
/>/ Brett W. McCoy --http://www.brettwmccoy.com
/>/ ------------------------------------------------------------------------
/>/ "In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden; If I were to divulge it, it
/>/ would overturn the world."
/>/ -- Jelaleddin Rumi

/I have written a click track generator, "Metronome", that outputs a wave file. You can adjust the sound of the click and program tempo changes through a text file.
There are no options for swing type feels, but any meter is supported. It is command line only and not open source yet.
A word of caution, if importing into Ardour be sure to change the output name to something besides click.wav.
Info: http://www.acousticrefuge.com/mixer4_all/metronome_info.txt
Download: http://www.acousticrefuge.com/mixer4_all/mixer4_download.htm
Grekim/
/