[LAU] Echo Layla + echo audiofire12

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan.osaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2014 - 22:25:06 EET

Hey folks,

I have the latter & use it frequently - firewire 12+12... No spdif or adat. Not wild about firewire but it works, is convenient, etc. they still have great resale too from looking at local and online merchants. Hangin on to it for sure.

There is an Echo Layla with PCI interface & umbilical. < US$100.

My question(s) is/are; has anyone been able to sync these units for use o the independent digital & analogue inputs? Can't think of how or if Jack could run both alsa driver & FFADO on te same rig. My real interest in this Layla card is it's adat I/O. Not familiar yet with what can be done with the 8 adat (light pipe?) channels within the realm of recording.

Any relevant info appreciated.

Cheers,

~ Russell