Re: [LAU] a spectrum analyzer that looks kick ass?

From: Neil <djdualcore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 07 2014 - 22:13:15 EET

The copy of Baudline I downloaded did not have a copy of the GPL with it.
I think what we are downloading for free is the proprietary-licensed
version. The license information in the README file supports that. Under
the GPL he is only required to offer source to people he distributes his
software to under the GPL. This allows him to charge for the GPL version
and only provide source to those customers.

He may actually be in full compliance with the GPL. Ironically, this is
because, as Marc said, he is "pretending he's using" the GPL, rather than
really using it--at least in this sense: the publicly available copies of
Baudline are not covered by the GPL.

Neil

--
DJ Dual Core's Blog