Re: [LAU] a spectrum analyzer that looks kick ass?

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 08 2014 - 20:13:11 EET

Hi,

On 03/12/14 17:23, Athanasios Silis wrote:
> Hi all,
> i'm looking for a spectrum analyzer that looks ace and by that I mean
> aesthetically pleasing.
> for example, calf eq has very nice gui, and you get a nice spectrum
> analyzer at the back.

[...]
> I want to set it up on large video walls, to accompany music playing.

Sonic visualiser [1] is rather nice, and configurable (and of course
does much more than sonograms). As it's designed as an analysis tool it
doesn't work with 'live' input though.

A while ago Cédric Roux (a.k.a. Sed) wrote Spectrojack [2] starting from
a similar search request I made for open source (and horizontal)
scrolling sonogram which would work for Jack - live. The programme is
very configurable and has various colormaps.

I just tested and it still compiles and works on my Debian. I only
needed to patch the Makefile with the attached patch and have all the
installed the dependencies.

Lorenzo.

[1] http://www.sonicvisualiser.org/
[2] http://sed.free.fr/spectrojack/ - A demo I made here: