Re: [LAU] multiple outputs for drumkv1

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 10 2014 - 01:08:48 EET

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:58 PM, Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Dec 2014, Harry van Haaren wrote:
>>
>> Actually the point I was trying to make is that its not a "problem" for
>> advanced users, but beginners will struggle with this.
>>
>> Since it could be solved by communicating these channels using an LV2
>> extension, I think that is a much better solution for workflow for all
>> users, regardless of experience.
>>

> No I agree with that...just no nightmare for me if not. Whatever makes
> things more usable for everybody.

Cool.

So in order to make this LV2 extension thing a reality (and supported in
hosts), there are the following tasks to do:
1) Design the LV2 extension
2) Review extension, discussion on details
3) Implement in example plugin
4) Implement in hosts

Right now OpenAV is designing Fabla 2.0, and I cannot spend much time
learning about RDF/TTL to write the extension. I will participate in the
discussion of the extension once a proposed extension is publicized, and I
will implement the extension in Fabla 2.0.

I guess that means "we" (aka whole linux-audio-community) are waiting for
somebody with the RDF/TTL skills and time do the kick-off for this work.

Cheers, -Harry

--
http://www.openavproductions.com