Re: [LAU] Korg microStation editor and Wine

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 14 2014 - 16:07:28 EET

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:55:48 -0500, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> BTW, the frigger dssi-vst 386 Linux Mint package has removed my
> favorite Jamin application upon install !

I wonder why JAMin is a conflicting package for your distro, that's
strange.

I like to use JAMin as compressor for the stereo sum, but OTOH, if you
use Fons' parametric EQ as default for all audio tracks (and you
don't use other EQs, that very often are crappy) and assumed you know
how to use a usable EQ, then there might be less need for compression.
JAMin is a nice tool, but OTOH it also has a few weak points.

2 Cents, based on a few decades of audio engineering,
Ralf