Re: [LAU] Korg microStation editor and Wine

From: <jonetsu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 14 2014 - 16:36:48 EET

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:07:28 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:55:48 -0500, jonetsu@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > BTW, the frigger dssi-vst 386 Linux Mint package has removed my
> > favorite Jamin application upon install !

> I wonder why JAMin is a conflicting package for your distro, that's
> strange.

I do not hold in much high esteem the Debian packagers as too often
have I seen package dependency bloat. Like, there's an .el file, so
let's add emacs as a dependency.

> I like to use JAMin as compressor for the stereo sum, but OTOH, if you
> use Fons' parametric EQ as default for all audio tracks (and you
> don't use other EQs, that very often are crappy)

The ones listed in Ardour are made by Steve Harris (LADSPA). I'd like
to try Fons' so where is it to find ?

> and assumed you know how to use a usable EQ,

I sure do not mind reading about the topic, although articles I found
so far are very technical and do not seem to apply directly to
practical matters. There's only so much time available ans so much
interest in lofty theories. I'm sure there's a way to explain audio
engineering things simply in a practical manner, but haven't found
anything yet.