Re: [LAU] Headphones

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 16 2014 - 23:12:14 EET

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014 20:04:42 +0100, Set Hallström wrote:
> i believe that the best way to have a solid mix is to listen to it on
> as many different type of speakers and headphones as possible, it
> doesn't really make sense to me to bother that much about a specific
> model.

And while driving a car with a cheap car hifi. Unfortunately I can't
pay for a car any more, but the sound of the motor + the averaged car
hify provides much more information about the needed compression for our
mixes, than an Auratone in a professional control room does.
And what ever we do, in the end we will mix a good song in a way we
dislike. Others might be impressed, but we always will be dissatisfied.
If we can't stand it, we shouldn't make art. If we guess our work is
perfect, we should consider to stop making art too. Making art is based
on ambivalence and masochism.

2 cents ;) YMMV!