Re: [LAU] Is CentOS good for audio stuff?

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 24 2014 - 11:05:45 EET

On 12/24/2014 09:34 AM, Roberto Suárez Soto wrote:
> I'm thinking about switching to CentOS (from Ubuntu) at home, because of
> several reasons, but wonder: is it good for running Ardour, Jack and
> related stuff? I don't mind using Ardour 2, as I don't need anything
> very sophisticated, and would only want something that I can configure
> once and stop worrying about. I do sysadmin work for a living, and would
> rather not do it when I get home :-)

My opinion is that almost any distro will do but some take more time to
set up than others. CentOS might be a bit behind with the current
versions of some applications but maybe it works with the
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ repositories. But if you
feel comfortable with CentOS, go for it!

Best,

Jeremy