Re: [LAU] Metal music made with linux

From: F. Silvain <silvain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 25 2014 - 15:43:57 EET

Bent Bisballe Nyeng, Dec 25 2014:
> I would like to share an EP release from my band Seed of Heresy recorded and
> mixed using Ardour on linux with the exception of vocals and guitar tracking,
> which was done in another studio using proprietary non-linux tools.
>
> The EP is released under Creative Commons
> Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC-BY-NC-SA) license
> and is available in several formats on the website:
>
> http://www.seedofheresy.com
Up front: I like it and think it's very acceptable quality in music and production.
The drums sound tooo dry for the wide wall of guitar sound. Some reverb on the cymbals and toms would cure that impression of two completely different components. Also the snare needs more high frequency content or accentuation to really persist against the guitars and the very bright open hihat.
In Phantom Legion there's a slowly shuffled sound or instrument in the background. Is that the bass? It sounds odd and confuses me.
Thank you for sharing this, I have heard much worse in terms of music and production even from commercial bands. Good and steady drumming!

Ta-ta

----
Ffanci
* Internet: https://freeshell.de/~silvain