Re: [LAU] RME HDSPe AIO and amixer cset

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Sat Jan 10 2015 - 19:55:14 EET

I'm using the HDSPe AIO since years. I have given up to get it correctly
working. When I reported the bug to the ALSA developer mocking was all
I got. I contacted RME, they are willing to help ALSA developers, but
there seems to be no interested in supporting the HDSPe AIO for Linux.

On my machine HDSPmixer shows signals, that aren't available by jackd
ports. On my machine just ADAT ch 1 and 2 are available by jackd ports,
3 to 8 are "muted".

On my machine:
Analog IOs do work, S/PDIF IOs do work, ADAT 1 and 2 do work.
AES IOs aren't tested.
ADAT 3 to 8 don't work.

To test the sound card I installed FreeBSD 9.x and Windows XP. ADAT 3
to 8 are available on FreeBSD and Windows on my machine.

This might be different with other releases of the HDSPe AIO and other
mobos, I don't know.