[LAU] new laptop configuration

From: daniel gomez <danielgomezmarin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 10 2015 - 20:51:50 EET

Hello
I am an Ubuntu 12.04 user in an 7yr old laptop.
At this moment I urge a hardware improvement for my work which is: sound
synthesis and processing controlled by external data via USB (kinect sensor
and customa arduino based sensors) and WiFi (osc data).

So i have to make an investment in a powerful laptop with the proper
configuration for my needs which could be translated into:

* very powerful processor for the dsp algorithms
* 3+ usb ports (not hubs) so i can connect the external sensors and an
external soundcard
* a good wireless card that would not use any resources from the main
processor
* a video card that would not interfere with the main processor

Although I think i know the basic needs, I can not name the manufacturers
or models of the processor, board, video and wireless card that would make
my system work the best.

It would be of great help if you could help me choose these elements based
on your positive experience on any of them and even more it would be great
if you could recommend a specific commercial laptop that could have these
features/elements already packed.

Thanks for your help

Daniel