Re: [LAU] Ardour tutors available?

From: Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 01 2015 - 19:02:45 EET

On 01. feb. 2015 17:49, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Alf Haakon Lund <alf@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> I do usually look up the online manual before asking, but sometimes normal
>> searching gets me nowhere...
> You're aware of the 3 manuals? Please document your experience, or
> even better - add it to the manual(s).

I was aware of two (first and third on your list), and already found it
confusing to navigate between them. Also, there are numerous guides
around. I guess my biggest challenge is asking the right question in
just a few words...

> The "official" manual:
> http://manual.ardour.org/
>
> Bruno Ruviaro's manual:
> http://brunoruviaro.github.io/ardour3-floss-tutorial/tags/
>
> And the "FLOSSmanual" manual:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/ardour/

Will do my best to document, improving manuals is a good thing. Though I
didn't see any obvious info on how or where to do that. So this list
will serve the purpose for now.

>> 2. How to undo region deleting? Must be something obvious that escapes my
>> eye...
> Ctrl-z?

That's what I thought, too. But it doesn't. Clicking Edit will show
something like Undo (region drag), even if my last action was deleting a
region.

>> 3. How to access session undo history, and restore things done in previous
>> sessions?
> Not sure about this.
>
> Personally I have some Ardour experience, but I'm nowhere near an
> advanced user. I'll chime in with answers to questions I know the
> answer to.. and will probably be more motivated in doing so if it
> indirectly improving the manuals :)

Thanks a lot for your time!