Re: [LAU] master levels (and dithering)

From: Atte <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2015 - 20:58:04 EET

On 02/03/2015 01:19 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> I suspect
> that he's a victim of Linux audio pitfalls.

Hardly :-)

As stated in other post the recording was done on zoom r24 and mixed in
reaper/wine. I'm not posting since this was done with linux (cause it's
hardly), merely as a reply to the master level discussion...

> Next time Atte should
> compare his mastering with recordings of other bands, instead of
> trusting the Linux audio community.

Ahem. How do you know who I trust?

> It's possible to do good recordings with Linux, but you need to care
> about much stuff, no audio engineer likes to care about

...which is why I use reaper and renoise as my DAWs. Heretic some say,
focus on music I'd say...

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk