Re: [LAU] OpenMusic 6.9 - new build for Ubuntu (.deb) and Fedora (.rpm)

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 04 2015 - 23:18:50 EET

On Wed, 4 Feb 2015, anders.vinjar@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> I know about one, a 'jackd' package which is non-existing. So, which
> package in recent Ubuntus holds the 'jackd' executable?
>
> Btw, is it jack1 or jack2 in the standard-package? (i'm just curious
> here, OpenMusic doesn't care)

It is jack2, and generally started (by default) as jackdbus. (which should
not make any difference at all) The actual package(s) are:

jackd2
jackd2-firewire
libjack-jackd2-0
libjack-jackd2-dev

The last one is only needed if building an application that needs the
jackd2 includes etc. The first one has the actual jackd and jackdbus
executables in it. Ubuntu gets these packages as is from the Debian
Multimedia Maintainers. I can't tell you off hand how the deps link on
this set of thing, though I would guess jackd2 pulls in the first three.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net