[LAU] More playing with an Android

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 08 2015 - 19:24:43 EET

Much more practical than audio over wireless is ardroid a remote control
Ardour. It just works really nice. There are a number of other remote
controls out there for the Android one of which looks like a complete MC
set up (TouchDAW) but I am realizing (besides not getting it to work) that
it is really more than I want or need in a touch control. And would likely
lead to finger trouble. The other nice toy was goOSC which can be set up
however someone wants it. It will take me a while to get it doing
something useful as the learning curve is a bit bigger. But very flexable.
A standalone GUI on the computer for creating layouts would be great... I
should make one :)

The only thing I would like with ardroid is one fader/peek meter so I can
adjust the input level which at my instrument. I realize the meter would
be slow and laggy and so would suggest only a static peek with reset. It
could even be text.

Most of the fader like controls I have seen on these soft controlers jump.
That is they don't move it you touch the control away from where the
control is but if you then slide your finger up to where the "knob" is,
the center of the knob will jump to where the finger is when the finger
reaches the edge of the knob. This may be something to do with the android
GUI.

I would suggest that a better way would be to take a touch anywhere on the
fader to be as if it was where the fader level already is and move in
whatever direction the finger moves from there... if the GUI allows such
things.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net