Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux: Wanda & Nova deViator - ARP 339

From: Harry van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 09 2015 - 17:09:41 EET

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:49 PM, Luka Prinčič / Nova deViator
<nova@deviator.si> wrote:
> If some of you remember the crazy bunny from Utrecht's LAC
Yes, I remember seeing some impressive PD patches too :D

> We wrote and released a new album two weeks ago <snip> get a very limited edition USB
Awesome - artwork looks great!

> Everything (90%) was written in Renoise on UbuntuStudio without any
> external plugins. I used Ardour for all the vocals and a microKorg
> synth in two or three places. I also used some CALF LV2 plugins on
> vocals.
I'd be interested to see your workflow on processing the vocals using
Ardour / Calf? Starting around ~3:14 in Levitation you have lovely
"pad voices", they repeat later at 4:18... if you feel inspired to
document your workflow?

Re the music - there are some lovely riffs and progressions in songs.
The 3:00-3:30 breakdown in Recursion is lovely, although personally
I'd probably have went totally crazy with the bassline.. i feel its a
little "tame" now.

I'm listening on my headphones now -looking forwards to a .flac listen
with monitors - congrats on the release!
Cheers, -Harry

--
http://www.openavproductions.com