Re: [LAU] ground loop hell

From: Len Ovens <len@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 10 2015 - 15:49:30 EET

On Mon, 9 Feb 2015, David Christensen wrote:

> On 02/08/2015 08:42 PM, Len Ovens wrote:
>> ahead. I am going to set up a plan for power, signal and data for audio.
>
> It would be wise to complete the engineering before going further with
> construction.

Yes. That is why I am starting now.

> Even if you are an electrical engineer, electronics technician, and/or
> electrician, you might want to get a second set of eyes checking your
> designs.

That will happen anyway, but I would agree. I will not be running the wire
or doing the install. But I do have input.

>> I will do a second for stage lighting as well, if for no other reason
>> than keeping the audio power from being used for lights :)
>
> It is wise to put lighting on it's own feeder and panelboard.

That is why I need to think about it now. I expect our stage lighting will
be minimal, but it does need some thought. There is also a coffee
bar/kitchen close by to think about.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net