Re: [LAU] ground loop hell

From: jim <jim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2015 - 23:46:35 EET

     Keep lights on their own circuits, don't share
neutral or ground wires, make sure the neutrals
and grounds of lights are as long as possible
before they connect to audio neutrals and
grounds.
     A venue wanted dimmers for lights. The solid
state dimmers were really expensive for the
power required by the lamps. I found some
surplus autotransformers that worked great
for dimming, cost much less than the solid
state dimmers, and presented no noise on the
hots, returns, or grounds.