Re: [LAU] OM6.9 on Arch

From: David Jones <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 14 2015 - 21:28:44 EET

On Feb 14, 2015 5:48 AM, Len Ovens <len@ovenwerks.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Feb 2015, anders.vinjar@bek.no wrote:
>
> > The real pain here is having to do 32-bit at all!  If we only got lw to
> > consider 64-bit a 'professional' feature, and not just a high-end
> > 'enterprise' feature... :-/

Even my wife's years-discontinued little netbook is 64-bit.

> With some distros talking about dropping support for 32bit kernels, 64bit
> is just where the world is going anymore. 32bit versions are just
> outdated.
>
> As someone who uses old computers for servers etc. I find this anoying...

I do wish kernel makers would also stop requiring PAE support. I have a couple of boxes that don't support PAE.

Musix is 32-bit only.

I expect Debian will be producing 32-bit kernels for a good long while yet. They just seem to change slower than others.

David W. Jones
gnome@hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community
http://dancingtreefrog.com